Quality has no finite end; therefore, quality process improvement is used continuously to discover and eliminate problems and ensure the most efficient processes are implemented within WFI. Continual improvement means looking at how we can do our work better. We use this to learn what causes things to happen and then use the information to remove activities that have no value, improve customer satisfaction, and provide the best quality for our customers.
WFI uses a systems approach to quality improvement.
- Analysis – define and analyze areas of opportunity or where specific problems exist
- Design – generate potential solutions and resources required to implement the chosen solution, and identify the baselines for measurement
- Development – formulate the detailed procedure for implementing the approved solution
- Implementation – execute the approved solution
- Evaluation – measure and monitor the implementation and evaluate the measurements against the previous baselines